About & Services
Peach Ecology was established in 2015 although founding member Davog McCloskey has been working in ecology and conservation projects since 1996 and prior to this in the construction industry. He is a full member of the Chartered Institute of Ecological and Environmental Management and has managed two successful ecological consultancies since 2007 and through this has developed extensive commercial knowledge, a pragmatic approach and thorough understanding of the planning process. His key areas of expertise are dealing with ecology issues in any planning context and managing residential projects of all sizes. He is passionate about supporting clients on a one to one level helping navigate them through UK wildlife legislation and policy in order to achieve positive outcomes. He is used to overcoming a wide range of challenges, such as technically complex projects, wildlife legislation, time restrictions and planning obstacles.
At Peach Ecology we are passionate about taking a partnership approach working alongside clients on their projects to enhance biodiversity and achieve their goals, believing that the best solutions are often the simplest and based on collaboration. We are able to undertake Natural England licensed work for Bats, Sand lizards, Smooth snakes, Dormice, Barn owls and Great crested newts. We have considerable experience in devising and implementing mitigation strategies for these and other species and have developed specialist skills in habitat restoration and creation.
- Phase 1 Ecology Surveys
- Protected Species Surveys – Bats, Newts, Reptiles, Dormice, Badgers and more
- European Protected Species licences and Mitigation Plans
- Eco-landscaping and Green Infrastructure – from back gardens to nature reserves
- Renewable Energy Projects
- Habitats Regulations Assessment and Ecological Impact Assessments
- Habitat restoration and creation
- Code For Sustainable Homes (CFSH) and BREEAM
- Expert witness at Public Inquiries
- Public consultations